Wechat is a cross-platform instant messaging service. It was created by tecent in china and was launched on January 21, 2001. It is the largest messaging apps with active users constantly sending messages. This portal is also available on android, blackberry, IPhone, windows phone and Symbian device. Wechat has over 300million users in china with 70 million users outside china.
Wechat provides text messaging, sharing of photos and video to other users and location sharing. a user can also exchange contacts on Wechat with other users nearby using Bluetooth connection. Users can playing games, send money to people, make videos call, order food, read news, and much more on this platform.
Users can also post text-based updates, upload up to 10 images as well as sharing videos and articles. It is just like facebook timeline or twitter feed. This platform is different from other social networks. On this platform, your contact list will not be visible to others and your update would be seen by your friends who are verified.
Features of Wechat
- Videos call: Wechat enable users to make free face to face video calls by pressing “+” and click on video call icon under the chat window. This is just like dialing your contact on your mobile device.
- Moments: Users like to make use of Wechat moments because it allows them to share photos and video. This media sharing is not limited to only your friends on Wechat but with other users.
- Group chat: With Wechat you can open your own group chat by clicking on start chat. You can also choose other people you want but Wechat allow 40 members which is the maximum number of users that can be in a group.
- Shaking: This is the most amazing of features of among all. That has to do with shaking of your mobile device. This we enable you to see users who are also shaking their device at that time no matter where they are. Shaking is very fantastic to find new friends locally and around the world. All you just need to do is to shake your mobile device.
- Drift bottle: with drift bottle user can throw a bottle into the sea with a text message or a voice message. And someone from anywhere in the world would pick it but you won’t be able to know the person that picked up the bottle unless you add the person to your friend list.
- Look around: if a user doesn’t want to use “shake” feature. Because he or she feel uncomfortable talking to other people that are far from his or her location. He or she can just select “look around” under the social tab to see other users who are nearby.
- Social networking: Wechat app provides social networking features as well it allows you to connect your Wechat account to your Facebook profile.
- It is free: Wechat is free to use it doesn’t have nominal usage fee at all. So anybody can make use of this app its free and open to all users.
How to use Wechat
For user to get access to this platform he or she needs to register or sign up for an account. You can click on the sign up button in order for you to fill in your account information. After you have completed the account sign up process you need to verify your account. You will be sent a four-digit verification code. Enter the verification code and click on submit.
Now you need to setup your Wechat profile on the profile screen in a full name field type in the name you want. You can also add a photo to your account this will be your profile picture that users can easily identify you with.
Wechat Sign Up
Creating an account is easy but one thing users should always take note of is that this platform make use of mobile number. This makes it easier to verify who the user is and also block unauthorized users from tampering with other users account. You need to put up your mobile phone in other to get started with Wechat sign up.
- First you need to download and install the app on your mobile phone.
- Then run the app and lick on sign up icon or click on more and click on sign up.
- Enter your full name in the first feed, select your country/region, phone number, and password you want to use.
- When you have filled in all your information you can now click on the sign up button.
- A verification message we be sent to your mobile number. You need to complete the verification process in other to active your account.
This is how a user can successfully create an account and start sending messages and other media files on this platform.