What are Top Cyber Security Certifications? For most people, Cybersecurity just means internet security but it is more than that. It is sometimes called computer security or information security which deals with the practice of protecting networks, computers, damage, loss, unauthorized access, and data from theft. Top Cyber security certifications are required whenever your interconnectivity increases.
Top Cyber Security Certifications
When your interconnectivity increases, it gives hackers the opportunity to steal, disrupt and damage your system. That is why you will find tons of cyber security jobs on various job boards. Most times people do not know that Cybersecurity is one of the most crucial areas for ensuring a business’s success and longevity. Cyber-attacks are growing rapidly and it is important for business owners to protect their companies by hiring qualified Cybersecurity experts to manage their business.
However, to get the best cyber security certifications you must take an excellent online resource for free and get paid video-based courses on Cybersecurity. With that, you can be able to stand out in a fast-growing industry. The most popular Cybersecurity certifications cover the right fundamental skills at the right price and finding a good fit for the role you intend to apply for can be quite challenging. But not to worry, in this article, we will help you make the right choice.
Cyber Security Job Options
There are lots of career options to choose from when seeking a career in Cybersecurity. Let’s take a look at them below this article.
- Security Manager
- Incident Responder
- Forensic Expert
- Source code Auditor
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Penetration Tester
- Information security or Vulnerability Analyst
- Security consultant
- Security director
- Security Administrator
- Chief information security officer
- Vulnerability Assessor
- Cybersecurity Architect
- Security or Cybersecurity engineer
As a Cybersecurity professional, your main responsibility is to protect data and if you want to get the jobs listed above then you need to secure a master’s degree in computer science or a related field.
Will a Cybersecurity Certification Get me Employed?
The highest-paying Cybersecurity certification is most unlikely to get you a job. The average recruiter for a Cybersecurity career looks for candidates with at least a bachelor’s in computer science degree. If you are in competition with other people it is uncommon for them to have a computer science master’s.
Top 25 Cyber Security Certifications 2022
Organizations are prone to Cybersecurity threats if they do not have Cybersecurity experts. And to become a Cybersecurity expert you need to get trained for it. Anyways below are the lists of Top cyber security certifications.
- CISSP-ISSMP: Information Systems Security Management Professional
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- CISSP-ISSEP: Information Systems Security Engineering Professional
- SSCP: Systems Security Certified Practitioner
- CISA: Certified Information Systems Auditor
- CASP: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
- CPT: Certified Penetration Tester
- CompTIA Network+
- CISSP-ISSAP: Information Systems Security Architecture Professional
- CWSP: Certified Wireless Security Professional
- CCIE Security
- CWNP: Certified Wireless Network Professional
- GCIH: GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- GPEN-GIAC Penetration Tester
- ECSA: EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
- OSCP: Offensive Security Certified Professional
Research has shown that 70 percent of Cybersecurity professionals surveyed in the US were required to have a certification by their employers. These Top cyber security certifications come with a salary boost of $18,000 and the right credential can make you more attractive to both recruiters and hiring managers.