What is the Slack app? What does it do? How does it work? Do not fret because I have got you covered. In this article, I will be providing all the information you need to know about the Slack App. Slack is an online messaging platform for businesses. However, the Slack app is an exclusive business communication platform. It was developed by an American Software Company called Slack Technologies. It was released in August 2013. Slack possess IRC features and it also allows you to create a private group, send messages directly, and organize them by topic.
Furthermore, with the Slack app, you can collaborate on a global scale. You can also stay connected with people and business partners with the help of Slack. Meanwhile, it is one of the most popular and the most used platforms for direct messaging and voice and video calls. Also, It is one of the best methods of communication. Slack is one of the most popular messaging platforms. Plus, the Slack App is mobile-friendly. In other words, you can download it on your android and iOS devices.
Features of the Slack App
The Slack App is the perfect messaging platform for businesses. It also helps you to bring collaboration and excellent communication among workers. Moreover, you will be able to get more work done with the assistance of the Slack App. Some of the features of the Slack Mobile App include:
- You can set reminders.
- Manage and keep track of documents.
- You can make use of shared channels across the workspaces.
- Fast navigation.
- Users can pin messages and links to channels.
- You can subscribe to RSS feeds.
- Access to advanced search modifiers.
- Send messages to co-workers in one place.
- Access to notifications.
- Users can also make video calls for free.
And many more. You can also keep track of how productive your business is no matter its size. Furthermore, it is very secure to use.
Is the Slack Mobile App Worth Using?
Yes, downloading and making use of the Slack Apk is so worth it. With this mobile app, you will be able to connect and expand your workspace. It also helps business owners to bring people together to work as a cooperative team.
You can hold meetings and manage your business through the Slack App. You can also sit in the comfort of your home and manage and grow your business quickly.
How To Sign Up For the Slack App
Signing up for the Slack App may sound a little difficult for first-timers but on the contrary, it is very easy to achieve. However, just as long as you follow the right steps, then you can successfully sign up for Slack and start making use of the online platform. To begin:
- Connect to the internet.
- Open your Google Play Store.
- Search for the Slack App.
- Once your search is ready, click on the app.
- Then, tap Install.
- Wait for the download to be complete.
- Once the download is complete, open the app.
- Once the app opens, click on Sign Up.
- Then, enter your email address and click on Continue.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your email address, click on it.
- Next, click on the Create a New Slack Workplace option.
On the next page, enter the name of your company and the name of the project that you will be working on. Follow the instructions on the next page to complete your sign-up process. Once you have successfully created an account, you can start messaging and calling your business workers for free.
- Connect to the internet.
- Open your Apple App Store.
- Click on the Search tab and enter Slack App.
- Once your result displays, click on the app then Get and Install.
- Wait patiently for the download to be complete and then open the app.
- Once the app opens, tap on Sign up.
- Next, input your email address and tap Continue.
- Check your email address for a confirmation message, tap on the message.
On the next page, tap on Create a New Slack Workplace and enter your company’s name. Do not forget to input the project you will be working on. Follow the steps on the next page and you will successfully create a Slack account.
What are Slack Alternatives?
There is multiple messaging, voice calling, and video calling platforms that offer and perform the same features as Slack. Some of those platforms include; WhatsApp, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, RocketChat, Discord, Google Chat, and Zoom. So, if you are not satisfied with the Slack app services, you can make use of these platforms to message and make business calls.