If a dispute filed by the buyer can be resolved, the Buyer or the seller can escalate it to PayPal Claims as long as it is within the 20 day period. At this point, PayPal get involves, and all the decision that would be made would be done using the provided information. PayPal Claims can also be filed by a buyer without having to initiate a dispute first.
This can be done if the buyer feels that his or her account has been used fraudulently. During this process of filing a PayPal Claims, the information would be required from both parties via email. In case you have no idea what a claim is, well a PayPal Claims is when a buyer complaint is escalated to PayPal, or when the buyer filed an unauthorized transaction.
Why Claims Occur
PayPal Claims is mainly based on three factors. And they include:
Item Not Received (INR): this is when a buyer claims that he or she ordered and paid for it but did not receive it. Sometimes, the buyer might receive an item “significantly Not As Described (SNAD)” let say he ordered a blue jacket but received a red one instead.
Unauthorized transaction means the buyer’s account has been compromised or even hacked, and someone else carried out a transaction using the buyers account without permission.
How to Escalate a PayPal Dispute to a Claim
If a dispute with a buyer cannot be resolved, the need to escalate to a claim would arise. To do that just follow the steps stated below:
- First open your PayPal Account
- Then go to the resolution center
- Click the view icon next to the dispute icon
- Click the escalate this dispute to a claim icon at the bottom of the page
- Follow the stated instructions
- And finally click escalates to a claim.
How Can I Respond To a PayPal Claim?
To respond to a PayPal Claims, all you have to do is:
- Login your PayPal account
- Visit the resolution center
- Click the respond icon in the action column right next to the claim
- Select how you would like to respond to the claim and click continue.
Once you are done with the selection, follow the instructions laid down. Have it at the back of your mind that once a file is uploaded you would not be able to view them again. You would just have access to just a summary of the submitted information.