OneDrive is a platform that could be used across all your devices which you could also access the platform from a web browser or through the OneDrive app. However, the OneDrive app helps you view and manage your online files on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Also, OneDrive is a very handy tool in windows for saving, syncing and sharing your documents and other files online. Through the app, you can view, share a file and manage all your files with iOS and Android versions. Also, you can tap into the Microsoft office lens to scan printed documents with your camera.
If you don’t have the Microsoft OneDrive app you can easily download it from the App Store for iOS or Google plat for Android. However, the app works similarly on both mobile platforms with the friendly interface the main differences lie in the availability and location of icons and features. Microsoft wants every user to use OneDrive to store and sync all your data across devices. Also, that is why it pushing out OneDrive apps to all platforms and giving you 1TB of online storage per machine with Office 365.
How to Download the OneDrive app?
Downloading the OneDrive app is very easy and simple on your Android and iOS with just your device and very active internet connection. However, from this app on your device, you can share and connect your OneDrive files. Here are a few steps on how to download the OneDrive app;
- Launch the Google play store app on your device
- At the top of the page click on the search icon and input OneDrive.
- The different results will be available in the app with the blue cloud icon in the OneDrive app. Click on the install option and your app will download immediately.
- Launch the Apple Store on your device
- Navigate to the bottom right corner and click on the search icon to input your keyword OneDrive.
- The app with the blue cloud icon is the official app and click on Get then confirm your download protocol. After this, your download starts immediately.
Is the App free?
for both App store which includes Android and iOS downloading the app is free which offers 5GB of free cloud sync file storage. This also includes file sharing and File backup in the cloud after you Sign in your account. However, for you to Sign in to OneDrive for business your organization needs to have a qualifying. SharePoint Online or Office 365 subscription.
OneDrive app is provided by Microsoft with data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft. Also, transferred to, stored and processed in the United States. Or any other country where Microsoft or its affiliates maintain facilities.