A lot of persons are not too familiar with the Messenger lite app. The messenger lite app is an android app that includes only the core features of the Facebook Messenger app. With this app, you can send text messages, share photos, stickers and links to friends using the Messenger app or the lite app. You can now make video calls with the messenger lite application, the feature which was introduced in 2018. With the Facebook Messenger app, you can share stories with a friend, but the Messenger app does not have this feature, it focuses on Messaging only. The Messenger app has less disturbing pop-up messages and less data usage.
How to Download
The Messenger lite is only for Android devices and is available on the Google Play. It can still be used even if you are signed in to Facebook. Follow the steps below to download and install the app:
- Go to the Google play store on your device.
- Use the search box to search for Messenger lite app. On the result page, click on the Messenger lite app on the form.
- Click on the green “Download” button. The app will be downloaded instantly as it doesn’t require much space.
Install the app on the same page by click “Install”.
How to Sign in
After downloading and installing the app, the next step will be to sign in to your Messenger lite account. Follow the instructions below to sign in:
- Open the app on your device.
- If you have a Facebook app or Facebook lite app installed on your device and you are signed in, this app will automatically use to log in your details.
- Or if you do not have the Facebook Lite installed on your device, you can enter your account details on the text field and then click on “Log in”.
That’s how to sign in to your account.