Have you heard about the AOL mail? If you are an email user you must have heard about the AOL mail at one time or the other. Mail on AOL is also known as AOL Mail. The AOL Mail has been in existence since the ’90s. On the contrary, AOL mail is a free email service provider owned and built by AOL. It is free and pretty easy to use. Although, there are many free and popular email service providers out there, yet AOL continues to hold on. Also, it provides a safe and wonderful email experience for millions of people worldwide. AOL is the abbreviated form for America online.
Furthermore, on the AOL app, you can create an online address and book contacts within your AOL email. By the time aol was still growing, it had fewer than 200,000 subscribers, but with time the number increased. As of 2000, AOL was the world’s biggest internet provider and worth $125 billion. Presently, AOL seems to be down, but not totally out. Its parted ways with time warner in 2009 and continued to chug along, making its money off its dial up business and getting media properties like the Huffington post in 2011.
Mail on AOL
In addition, AOL mail gives you a personalized mail experience with your families and friends. With this app, you can send emails to other users anywhere in the world. Users can store up to 1 TB of email data on their AOL mail account that they can access across most mobile devices. You can access AOL on the AOL app. The app gives you access to the best of AOL. Including mail’s innovative settings and features. On the app version of AOL mail, you can send mails, organize your mailbox, add accounts, and lots more either on IOS or Android devices.
One interesting thing about AOL mail is that you can easily access it on any web browser from your mobile device. The mobile browser version is in a way different from the computer browser. However, you can still access and customize your mail in many of the same ways. Hence, these are the features of AOL;
- It offers a high capacity inbox with up to 250 GB of storage.
- With an AOL account, you will have access to other features like assist by AOL, AOL desktop, data secure by AOL, and the AOL app. Also, you can connect with other users with live chat.
- It has an integrated task calendar. With the calendar, you can invite other users to your calendar and set up reminders.
- It allows you to upload multiple attachments to a single email.
- It automatically redirects spam and phishing schemes to your trash folders.
- AOL comes with integrated security and update features.
How to Compose And Send Emails on AOL Mail
On AOL mail, you can modify how you want your emails to look when sending messages to your contacts. You can send and reply to messages, create and use a signature, and choose a default font to make every message your own. To compose emails, follow the steps below;
- On the AOL inbox, click ‘Compose’.
- Enter the name or the email address of your contact in the ‘to’ field.
- Type a brief summary of the email in the SUBJECT field.
- In the body of the email, type your message.
- Finally, click send.
To Create And Use a Signature
- Click on options under your username.
- Tap the ‘Compose’ button.
- Select use signature.
- Type your signature info.
- Finally, click save settings.
How to Create an AOL Mail Account
To access the AOL platform you need to create an AOL account. When you create an AOL account, it gives you access to an email address and all the features and services offered by AOL. To create an AOL mail account, follow the steps below;
- Launch your preferred web browser and go to aol.com. AOL is compatible with any browser.
- On the home page, click ‘join or login’ at the upper right corner.
- Click ‘Create an account’.
- You will be taken to a page where you will enter your basic information like your name, the AOL email address you wish to use, and a strong password.
- Then, click on ‘Continue’.
- A verification code will be sent to the email address you used and you’ll need to verify your email by clicking the Verify link in the email.
Having followed these procedures, you are set to use the AOL mail. You can now start sending emails with your AOL email address to friends and families.