Linkedin Learn – Linkedin learning formerly known as Lynda.com is an online learning site where anyone could pay a subscription fee to learn and acquire new skills. It is an American online platform that offers video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative and business skills. Linkedin learning was established in 1995 as Lynda.com before being acquired by Linkedin in 2015. The platform is available to all Linkedin premium subscribers. Also, it has a wide range of content. With Linkedin learning, you can learn and acquire new skills online.
As of 2002, when it was still Lynda.com, it began offering courses online. In 2004, there were up to a hundred courses, and in 2008, it began producing and publishing documentaries, on creative leaders, entrepreneurs, and artists. In 2015, Linkedin officially announced its intention to buy Lynda.com in a deal worth $1.5 billion. But in 2016, Lynda’s parent company Linkedin was acquired by Microsoft. Therefore, Linkedin learning is the new platform and mobile app for content on Lynda.com. LinkedIn learning bridges the gap between you the career you want and the skills you need. World professionals have achieved more through this platform. With Linkedin learning, you can learn online at your own pace with its library of 5000 plus creative, business, and technology courses.
Linkedin Learning Overview
Meanwhile, to use Linkedin learning, you need to create a LinkedIn account. When you create a Linkedin account, it provides you with a more personalized learning experience. This is because it recommends courses based on what other professionals like you are watching. So, to learn using Linkedin learning, a Linkedin account is required. If you are a new, user you can simply join Linkedin to access 100 percent of the Lynda learning content. As a new user, you are able to directly join Lynda.com. if you are a user of Lynda.com, you can now access your new learning experience on Linkedin learning. Linkedin learning is now the new platform for Lynda.com. It has all the same content as Lynda.com, but with special insights and social engagement that only LinkedIn can additionally offer. Linkedin learning can help;
- Make better presentations
- Improve their coursework
- Expand their resume with new skills
- Include tutorials into your programs
- Supplement your courses with videos
- Learn about new educational technologies
- Increase your productivity
- Update your resume with new skills
- Master management fundamentals
Can I Learn Linkedin Without Premium?
When you are done with a course, it will be added to your Linkedin profile beneath the CERTIFICATIONS section. However, you can access Linkedin learning without a premium subscription to Linkedin. You get one month of free trial and it’s simple as that.
Linkedin Learning Cost
Lynda.com new platform Linkedin learning is available as a premium monthly subscription for $29.99. with taxes or as a yearly subscription for $299.98, including taxes. With a Linkedin learning subscription, you can develop your skills, learn courses online, get recommendations for courses based on your interests. As well as adding completed courses to your Linkedin profile. On the contrary, you can start a free trial and see whether this online platform will work for you. After the initial free month, you can begin paying if you wish to continue taking more Linkedin online courses.
- High production quality
- Huge range of learning courses, with numerous businesses for people.
- Great for specific hard skills, such as software training.
- Access 16,000+ courses taught by real‑world professionals.
- Course recommendations personalized to your interests and function.
- Stand out by earning certificates to add your Linkedin profile.
- Practice what you learn with exercise files.
- Several videos have an overly corporate tone.
- It requires a Linkedin premium account, no per-class purchasing, or other subscription options.
- The categorization of classes can be confusing.
Linkedin Learning Courses
Besides, linkedin learning provides you thousands of online courses that you can learn. Below are the lists of most popular linkedin learning courses of 2020;
- Time Management: Working from Home
- Strategic Thinking
- Remote Work Foundations
- Learning Python
- Developing Your Emotional Intelligence
- Excel 2016 Essential Training
- Excel Essential Training (Office 365)
- Communicating with Confidence
- Cert Prep: Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Project Management Foundations
- Critical Thinking
- Learning personal branding
- Interpersonal communication
- Communication foundations
- Improving your listening skills
- Microsoft teams essential training
- Time management fundamentals
- Python essential training
- Excel: Tips and Tricks
- Online marketing foundations
How To Login To Linkedin Learning
To access the linkedin homepage directly;
- Visit the Linkedin learning website.
- On the homepage, click on SIGN IN.
- Select continue.
- Based on your Learning license, you’ll be redirected to the correct password screen to make your sign-in process easier. If you need to reset your password, or are having trouble accessing Learning through your organization, please contact your help desk directly for further assistance.
To Login Using The Linkedin Learning App
- Visit the App Store (Apple) or Google Play and download the LinkedIn Learning app. Note that this is separate from the LinkedIn app.
- Click SIGN IN.
- Then, click continue on the next page that appears.
- Enter your email address.
- Click on continue.
- Based on your Learning license, you’ll be redirected to the correct password screen to make your sign-in process easier.
Meanwhile, if you need to reset your password, or are having trouble accessing Learning through your organization. Simply contact your help desk directly for further assistance.