Does Instagram have a dark mode? The answer is yes. The Instagram dark mode is a new feature recently released by Instagram for both iOS and Android apps users across the globe. This feature is a night mode for users even during the day as a means of conserving power by saving the battery’s life. On the contrary, it acts as a medium for reducing eye strains, particularly at night when you have the full brightness of the white screen. However, there are will some limitations if your device is not updated to the latest operating system.
Furthermore, this gives users the opportunity to view the features on the platform such as the story view, message, and images. It comes in the form of a theme which places an adjustment in the display and brightness of the screen of your device. However, the interesting thing about the Instagram dark mode is that when it is activated on your device settings, you may see the dark mode activated on other apps on social media. More so, you need the latest Instagram App to get this done on your device. In this article, I will show you how to set up and use the dark mode for iPhone users and Android users.
Turn on Night Mode on Andriod
To access the Instagram dark mode features on your Android phone is simple, although it might be complicating when you have not upgraded your Android OS of your device to Android 10. The following steps show you how to turn on your dark mode.
- Firstly, go to Settings on your device.
- A page pops up, Tap on Display. Then, click on Dark from your device Theme menu.
- For the Battery Dark mode, go to Settings. Click on Battery > Battery Saver.
- Then, open up the Instagram App
- Dark Mode becomes automatically activated when you turned it on your phone settings.
After following the steps on your android device, your device starts functioning and you will be an able to scroll with it. That is the following settings in which you can make use of, in other to activate the dark mode directly from your android or iPhone device.
Turn on Instagram Dark Mode on iOS?
iPhone owners must have downloaded the latest version of the Instagram App on their device. Meanwhile, they must update their device operating system to iOS 13. Here are the following steps that give you an insight into the dark mode.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and click on Display & Brightness
- Then, click on dark mode and your iPhone will turn into dark mode.
- Then, click on the automatic option. The automatic switch (on/off) changes the mode during daytime and night time.
- Now, open up the Instagram App and dark mode will be activated.
In conclusion, this gives all users another dimension of having a better experience on the Instagram platform. Now that you’ve turn the Instagram dark mode or night mode, you can decide to switch it back whenever you want to using the same process use in turning on the dark mode.