Instacart shopper has been the smile behind the Instacart platform. These are employees working with Instacart that earn and make money for themselves by working with the platform. On the contrary, these are jobs created for people across the United States. Instacart shoppers are workers that shop for groceries at local stores the company has partnered with. However, They can be full-time shoppers or In-store shoppers who pick and deliver groceries.
What Shoppers do
- Locate local groceries stores for customers
- Shop and make the delivery for customer
- Shop by setting your own schedule
- Get to know your community by delivering to new and familiar areas.
- Make use of the Instacart Shopper App
In addition, we have two kinds of shoppers as earlier discussed depending on the job responsibility and the way they make money. However, there are basic requirements for becoming a shopper.
These are independent contractors whose responsibility is for selecting items at the grocery stores and delivering them to the Instacart customer. Moreover, to be an Instant Full-service shopper, you must have the following:
- Firstly, you must have access to a vehicle with appropriate car insurance for delivery.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a smartphone either iPhone or Android device that can download the Instacart Shopper Mobile App.
- Able to work an unlimited number of hours per week.
- He takes the role wherever Instacart operates.
- Must be a driver to different locations with necessary documents
- Must pass a background check in which shoppers are cleared within 10 business days.
The In-store shopper is meant for those who are not eligible to be an Instacart Full-service Shopper. Additionally, to be an Instacart In-Store Shopper, you must meet the following requirements:
- Firstly, you must be a Part-time employee of Instacart
- The shopper must be 17 years of age or older
- He or she will work for at least 15 to 20 hours per week, including Sundays and Mondays.
- Must be able to work in the United States
- In conclusion, He or she must have a smartphone that can access the Instacart shopper mobile App
More importantly, all shoppers including the Full-service and In-store shoppers automatically become Instacart drivers for proper delivery.
How to sign up for an Instacart job
Signing up as an Instacart shopper is simple and easy.
- Firstly, download and install the Shopper App on your smartphone.
- Open up the App and provide basic information, this is to enable you to use the App to track your earnings, your availability, and pick up gigs anytime.
- You must attend an in-person orientation although this is only for in-store shoppers.
- Fill out the registration form (Paperwork). This is for both Independent contractors and part-time employees. For instance, Independent contractors have to sign a contract agreement with a contractual agreement and W-9 tax form while the part-time employees sign an offer letter and W-4 tax form.
- Register your Instacart payment card. This is used by Instacart shoppers to check out with a customer’s order.
Furthermore, after signing up for the Instacart job, it gives you access to the mobile App which determines where you work across the state.
Where can you work?
As an instacart shopper, you can work anywhere across the cities in the U.S where we have Instacart. Download the Shopper App on your smartphone and enter your ZIP code.
Shopper pay and earnings
The amount of money Instacart shoppers earn is dependent on several factors which include:
- Hours you work
- Number of orders you fill and complete
- The type of orders you receive