Do you know that, aside from using the official Find My iPhone App, you can locate your missing iPhone using iCloud? If you have heard of this method and you don’t exactly know how to get started. In this article, we will be showing you easy and simple steps on how to use iCloud Find my iPhone to locate your missing iOS device. Whether you are searching for your missing iPhone or you’re trying to locate a family member or friend’s device. You can easily and conveniently use iCloud to find your friend, family member, or personal iPhone device. It will interest you to know that this method is easy and stress-free and this is because you don’t need to download or install any app.
By visiting iCloud.com on your device web browser, you can use the “iCloud Find My iPhone” feature to track your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPod Touch, and any other iOS device. However, you will first need to log in to your iCloud account by entering your Apple ID and Password on the iCloud Find My iPhone website. Once you have successfully logged in to your account, you can use the map on the website to locate your device or you can place your phone on lost mode. Also, you will be provided with the option of playing a sound to find your iPhone, erasing your data, and removing your device from your account. You can check out the next outline for steps and guidelines on how to use iCloud to find my iPhone.
Steps to track a Missing iOS Device using iCloud find my iPhone?
As previously stated, using iCloud Find my iPhone is simple and stress-free. IOS users can use this feature directly from their computer web browser without having to download the Find My iPhone App on their device. To use this method, you will need your Apple ID and Password, a stable internet connection, and a computer device with a web browser. Note that; you can use iCloud.com to track and locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and also to protect your data from third-party access. Here are steps and guidelines to follow;
- Open your device’s web browser.
- Visit the official website of iCloud Find My iPhone.
- On the homepage, you will be prompted to log in to your account.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Then, click on the login icon to get started.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your account.
- Hit the All Devices icon at the top of your screen.
- Select the Apple device you are trying to locate.
- If the device you are searching for is online, the location of the device will be shown on the Map.
- And if the device is offline, you will see the status under the device name. Tap on notify me to get a notification once your device has been located.
How to find your Missing iOS Device on iCloud.com by Playing Sounds
If your iPhone or any other Apple device is nearby and online, you can play sounds to help you find your device. This can be done via the official iCloud.com Find My device homepage. Here are the steps and guidelines to follow;
- Visit the official website of iCloud.com.
- Login to your account using your Apple ID and Password and then click on Sign in.
- Click on All Device at the top of the screen and select the Missing device.
- Tap on “PLAY SOUND” and a sound will start playing on the missing iOS device if the device is online and also connected to the internet.
How do I Place my Missing iOS Device on Lost Mode?
You can securely place your missing iPhone or any other Apple device on lost mode and a display custom message along with your mobile number. The finder will receive the custom message and also reach you through your mobile number. Here are the steps and guidelines to follow;
- Visit www. ICloud.com on your computer web browser.
- Sign in to your iCloud account by entering your Apple ID and Password.
- Once you have logged in to your account, Select All Device at the top of the screen.
- Then, select the device you are trying to track and hit the Lost Mode icon.
- To complete the process, follow the on-screen instruction.
It should be noted that you will need your iPhone Passcode and if you don’t have one, you will have to create one and this should be distinct from your password. Also, enter a mobile number where you can be reached when asked to enter your phone number.
However, once you have found your missing device, you can turn off the lost mode. To do this, enter your passcode and then select the pending or activate under the lost homepage at the find my iPhone website. Lastly, click on turn-off to activate your missing device again.
Steps to use iCloud find my iPhone to Erase or Remove a Missing Device
If you no longer have access to your missing iPhone, Apple Watch, or any other iOS device, you can erase or remove your device. To get started, here are the steps and guidelines you will need to follow;
- Visit the official website of iCloud Find My iPhone.
- Login to your account using your Apple ID and Password.
- Click on All Devices at the top of the screen and select the missing device.
- To erase your iPhone, tap on “Erase iPhone” and carefully review the warning sign.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password and tap on Erase and all your personal information and setting will automatically be removed. Note; that you won’t be able to restore your information.
- To remove your device instead, select the device you will like to remove.
- Then, tap on remove from account to confirm the process.
- Your content will automatically be erased and someone else can now activate the device.
There you have it. You can follow the above step-by-step guidelines and instructions to remove or erase your missing Apple Device via the official iCloud find my iPhone Page online.