Are you new to the Facebook marketplace app? Do you know that you can easily post your products or goods in the marketplace to get buyers? If you do not know how to post on Facebook Marketplace, worry no more, because we’ve got you covered on this article. Posting on Facebook Marketplace is as easy as posting on your Facebook account profile, it doesn’t take time. To know how to post on Facebook Marketplace, you would need to know what the Facebook marketplace is talking about.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook marketplace is simply an inbuilt app on the Facebook platform. It is an easy and very convenient means to buy and sell products or goods in your area. There are listing son the app that you can go through to find the item you want to purchase. Marketplace app is not a standalone app on its own like the Facebook Messenger app but it is inbuilt. You do not need to set up a new account to use the app. You can reach thousands of people with your product in your community or locality.
To use the Facebook Marketplace to post, you can locate the icon at the bottom of your Facebook app on IOS devices and at the top on Android devices. It is compatible with any device including desktops and laptops.
What Type of Items Can I find on The Facebook Marketplace?
On the marketplace app, you can find great listings ranging from clothes, TVs, cars and also real estates on sale. Users on the Facebook Marketplace app sell both new and old items and it easy to use. Buying and selling on this app is very simple. You can directly interact with the seller of the product or item you are interested to get more details on it.
Where is the Marketplace Available?
The Facebook marketplace is not yet made available worldwide. The app has been made available to just 50 countries. The Facebook marketplace is available to individuals from 18 years and above in the following countries:
- Costa Rica.
- The Czech Republic.
- The Dominican Republic.
- The Netherlands.
- New Zealand.
- The Philippines.
- Puerto Rico.
- South Africa.
- The United Kingdom.
- The United States.
These are the countries the Facebook marketplace is made available to for now. The Facebook team is working hard to make the marketplace worldwide. If your country is listed here, it means it has gotten to your community yet.
How to Use the Facebook Marketplace
Before we will talk about how to post on Facebook Marketplace, you would need to have a Facebook profile account. Creating a Facebook account is very simple and it is also free to use. You can use the Facebook website or mobile app to sign up. Follow the steps below to sign up for an account;
- Access your device browser and go to www.facebook.com or launch the Facebook mobile app.
- Type in the name you want to use for the account; enter the first name, surname.
- Select your birthday.
- Type in your mobile number or email address to sign up.
- Choose your gender and create a password for the account.
- Hit on Sign up to enroll.
The account will be created and Facebook will send a verification mail or text to confirm the account.
Logging in to Facebook
You can log in to your Facebook account if you already have an account. Go to the website at www.facebook.com or open the mobile app on your device and follow;
- Fill in the account login details; mobile number or email address and the password.
- Hit on login.
The account will be logged in and displayed on the device if the details are right. If you’ve lost the password, you can simply reset it.
How to Post on Marketplace
Once an item or product has been posted on the Facebook Marketplace it has been made public for others to see and interact with you if they are interested in the item. Posting on the marketplace is simple and fast, you can use the Facebook mobile app or the website. Follow below:
For Mobile App;
- Launch the Facebook App on your smart device.
- Tap on the Marketplace icon at the bottom or top of the page to load the app.
- Select the Selling tab.
- Tap on the “What are you Selling” tab at the top of the Marketplace.
- Tap on the Camera to select an image of the item or product you want to sell and tap on Next.
- Enter a title for the item at the top that asks “What are you Selling” and tap on Next.
- Enter a description of the item that you want to sell and tap on Next.
- Set up a price for the item and tap on Next.
- On the “Finish your post” page. Type in your Zip code.
- Tap on “select” category and choose the category of the item.
- Tap on Post to publish.
Facebook Desktop Site:
- Open the web browser and then Navigate to Facebook.
- Click on see more at the lower right side column.
- Click on the Marketplace.
- Once the marketplace appears, click on the blue Sell something tab at the top.
- On the next page, enter the name of what you are selling.
- Enter the item price.
- Enter your city Zip code.
- Select the category the item falls into.
- Type in a description for the item.
- Click on Add Photos.
- Then click on Post to publish.
Your item post will be made visible on the Marketplace and you can view your item by clicking on Selling from the Marketplace.