This content “How to delete your Facebook account” would teach you the steps to take that would help you permanently delete your Facebook account. Deleting your facebook account isn’t really the best option when you want to disappear from Facebook. This is because you may need some vital information that you would be unable to access after deleting the account. Before deciding to delete your Facebook account, you should really consider deactivating it.
Download a Copy of Your Facebook Information
If you think there’s something you’ll need after deleting your Facebook account, then it is recommended that you download a copy of your Facebook information first.
- Open the Facebook website and log in.
- Tap the downwards-pointing arrow, at the top-right corner of the screen and select “settings”.
- Select “Your Facebook Information” from the left column of the new page.
- Click “Download your Facebook information”.
- Customize how you want to download the information using the options provided.
- Hit “Create File” at the top right corner of the display window.
You’ll get a message telling you that the file is being prepared and you would be notified when the file is ready for download. When you get the notification, kindly download the file. After that is done, you are now ready to delete your Facebook account.
Deactivate Your Facebook Account
Deactivating your Facebook account is a good alternative to “How to delete your Facebook account”. This is plain because your account can be activated anytime if you change your mind. Temporarily deleting your facebook account is deactivating it. To temporarily delete your facebook account,
- Open the Facebook website and log I using your Facebook account details.
- After logging in, go to the settings page on your device.
- On the general settings page, hit “Manage Account”.
- Scroll down to find “Deactivate your account” and click on it.
- Enter your Facebook password to confirm the deactivation.
When you are further prompted, click ‘ok’ and your account would be deactivated.
Learn How to Delete Your Facebook Account
To delete your Facebook account on your device,
- Open the Facebook website located at www.facebook.com and log in.
- Go to the facebook settings page on your device.
- Click “Your Facebook Information” on the Facebook account settings page.
- On the page that is loaded, kindly click “delete your account and information”.
- Click “Delete Account” at the bottom of the page.
- A new window would be displayed asking you to input your password. Enter your password and click “continue”.
The process of deleting your Facebook account would now begin. Simply follow the onscreen instructions provided as stay relaxed until your account is deleted. Once your account is deleted, you would be logged out of your Facebook account.