If you are tired of Facebook and wants to delete your account, we won’t blame you. Whether you are tired of the Facebook dramas on your news feed or maybe you are just fed up with social media. Before, deleting your Facebook account used to be very a tedious and long process, but that is not the case anymore. On this article, I will be showing you how to delete Facebook account forever or deactivating the account for a while. Before we walk through the steps to delete, I want you to know that Facebook gives you two options whenever you decide to close the account. You can choose to deactivate it or to delete it forever.
Deleting your Facebook account forever means erasing all your date from Facebook completely, while deactivating keep your data on Facebook until you decide to be back on it. When you delete your account, you would not be able to reactivate it and also won’t be able to use Messenger to chat. Deactivating account, you can still be active on Facebook messenger and your chats will still be visible. You must be logged in to you Facebook account either through the web or the mobile app.
How to Sign in to Facebook
Logging in to Facebook can be very easy if you still have the login details with you. You can use the web or the app. Follow the guidelines below to log in;
- Proceed to the Facebook official website at www.facebook.com or you open the Facebook mobile app downloaded on your device.
- On the page that will appear, enter the login details; your mobile number or the email address and the account password. Then click on Log in.
If the details are correct the account homepage will be displayed. You can also reset your account password if you have forgotten it by clicking on Forgot password.
How to Delete Facebook Account
When you want to delete your Facebook information, it might be a very idea to download a copy of your information before you commence the process. If you have thought about it and want to commence, follow the steps below;
- Open your Facebook page.
- Click on the drop down arrow at the right corner and hit on Settings.
- A list of settings will be displayed, click on “Your Facebook information” option and then “Delete your account and information”.
- A page will appear with Facebook suggestions for deactivating the account or downloading your Facebook information. If none got your interest, then click on “Delete Account”.
- Enter the account password and click on continue.
The process will begin and if in case you wise to cancel the deletion, Facebook will give you 30days before the final process. You can log in to cancel the deletion.
How to Deactivate Your Account
If you wish to take a break from Facebook, you can deactivate the account and still be using your Messenger. Follow the steps below to deactivate;
- Follow the one to three from the deletion guide.
- Hit on Deactivate Account.
- You can also to Settings> general>Deactivate your account.
- Type in the account password and tap hit on continue.
You will be logged out of the account. to reactivate it back, all you need to do is to log in back with the login details.