Are you a Google account owner and you are wondering how you can possibly remove or delete your Google account on your device. You need not worry anymore cos I got you covered. In this article, I will be how you step on steps on how to remove your Google account with ease. But before you make a Google account remove move, there are things you need to know.
These days, information overload is bound to occur, and most time we just need to cut down things to gain some peace of mind. Google account remove can help you do away with that from your device. But it’s important you know what it means to take such action and the consequences. Below are some things to expect when you remove your Google account from your device.
- One crucial thing you will lose is your contact.
- You won’t be able to save anything through Google drive
- Once you take a Google remove action, you’ll lose all the data and content in that account, like emails, files, calendars, and photos.
- You won’t be able to use Google services where you sign in with that account, like Gmail, Drive, Calendar, or Play.
- You’ll also lose all access to the subscriptions and content you bought with that account on YouTube or Google Play, like apps, movies, games, music, and TV shows.
- You will no longer be able to get or update apps or games from the Play Store.
- You won’t be able to play music, watch movies, read books or magazines you purchased.
- You’ll also lose any music you bought elsewhere and added to Google Play.
- You might lose your game progress, achievements, and other Google Play data from your account.
Note, removing an account is not the same as deleting an account. Removing a Google account simply removes access to that particular device, which means it can be later restored. But any information like emails, contacts, and settings, stored through that account on that device will be lost.
How to Remove my Google Account
After reading the risk of deleting and you are convinced and really ready to remove your Google accounts, these are step-by-step guides to follow for those using iOS, Android devices.
- Simply go to your phone setting app
- Tap Account, if yours didn’t displace account, simply click on User and account
- Click on the account you want o remove> remove
- If that’s the only Google account you have on your device, your phone unlock password, password, and pin would be required for security purpose.
These are basic and vital steps needed in removing your google account on iOS but depend on how you access your account (via the Gmail app, safari app, or mail app).
For iOS Gmail
- Open you gmail app
- Select the up menu (three stacked line), then select manage account and click edit
- Click remove next to the account you want removed and confirm your choice
For iOS Safari
- Open the safari app
- Visit the google .com website
- Click on your profile icon found at the top right corner and then tap “Sign out” (if you are not already).
- Tap on “Sign in,” and then tap “Sign in with a different account.”
- Tap on “Remove,” select the account you want to remove from the device, and select “Done.”
Please note, removing all your accounts will also mean you won’t gain access to the Google Play Store, and also note that settings can vary from device to device, so you may have to calmly explore your device to get to the right screens. But once you do, it should still be a quick and simple process.