Flickr is a social media for photo and video hosting where you can upload, organize, and share. Users can also discover new people and photos to connect with. In addition, this portal is the most popular website for users to share and put personal photographs. Flickr service is widely used by photo researchers and also by bloggers to host images that they embed in their blog and social media.
This portal was created by Ludicorp on February 10, 2004, and it was later sold to yahoo in 2005. It was said in Wikipedia that Flickr has a total of 87 million registered users and more than a 3.5million new images uploaded that amazing to me. Photo and video can be accessed from Flickr without the need to register an account but users are advised to sign up for an account in order to upload content to the website. Flickr also supports RSS feed with the ability to add comments and notes on photos that are been uploaded on the platform. Users can also use Flickr to share family photos and snapshots with their friends. It also has an official mobile app which is available for free on IOS, Android, iPhone, and windows.
Benefits of on Flickr Web Platform
Here are the features of Flickr which you can make use of when creating your own account.
- Access control.
- Interaction and compatibility.
Account: This portal offers three various accounts which are free, AD free, and double which users can choose anyone he or she likes. And the free option includes a terabyte of storage limited to 200MB per photo and 1GB per video with a maximum of 3 minutes. The ad-free account enables users to avoid advertisements for an annual fee. The double account also includes twice the storage of a free account. With this user decide which account he or she wants to use.
Access control: Flickr gives both private and public image storage. User uploading an image can set privacy controls that determine who can view the photo.
Organization: Organization is the section where users can organizing their photos within this platform that can be accessed via the Flickr interface. It enables users to tag other users, description, and set group.
Licensing: this platform offers users the ability to release their photos under certain common usage licenses or label them as all rights reserved.
Why Users Need Flickr
Users need this portal in other to upload and organize photos in their own style and also share their photos with family and friends privately or in public if they want. With Flickr, you can also create a group for a special occasion such as weddings, reunions and so much more. You can also search for a unique image and connect with an individual who values photography. Users need this portal to do all these things I mentioned above. Before you can start enjoying the features on it but you need to create an account to gain full access.
How to Sign up for Flickr
Flickr sign up is creating an account on flicker allows users to create their own profile page which contains photos and videos that the user has uploaded. He or she can also grant the ability to add other Flickr users to their contact list. The account setup process is a very easy and simple process.
- Launch your web browser and enter the URL www.flickr.com in the URL bar on your browser.
- Click on create an account on the right side of the screen. You will be directed to the Yahoo mail sign in page. But if you don’t have an account on yahoo mail you can create one by click on sign-up button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Click here to get full sign up procedure.
- Then a page will pop up that indicates you to enter your first and last name, date of birth, password, your new email address, and your location. Then click continue.
- You will need to indicate that you are not a robot by clicking on it. After doing clicking on it click on continue.
- You need to agree to the terms and service of yahoo by clicking on the checking box next to I agree. Then click on the continue button.
- You are now a registered member on the yahoo mail platform.
- Then it will direct you to Flickr where you will have to choose a Flickr screen name. This screen name will be your username on Flickr.
With these you can start sharing photos and videos, creating your own album on Flickr, and also tag your friend and family on your image and get a great comment on it.