Facebook Market Place – Where Did Facebook Marketplace Go | Marketplace on Facebook “Facebook Marketplace Local Buy” There are groups you can join to buy and sell locally on Facebook to distribute or purchase products or items. Facebook local buy and sell is a group for individuals with the same goal in mind which is to sell and buy on the Facebook platform. To access the Facebook local buy and sell, you must a Facebook login or you can quickly create one if you do not have via the Facebook mobile or website. I will be showing you how you can use the local buy and sell on Facebook to sell or buy items or products o this guide.
Facebook is American online social networking service, founded by Mark Zuckerberg alongside his team while in Harvard College. The service started as a student discovery site but later changed to platform where users register for an account and connect, share and communicate with family, friends and colleagues for free. Facebook has the groups feature which allows you to join as many groups as you want including local buy and sell groups. You can also use the marketplace to buy and sell locally too.
With the Facebook local buy and sell groups you can interact, purchase and distribute items or products with the users on the service that are near you. Using the groups feature is free. Facebook is free and also user friendly. You can get the mobile apk for free on the appstore of the device that you are using.
How to Access Local Buy and Sell Group
Knowing the Facebook local buy and sell group is not enough, because you have to access them, but you wouldn’t be able to access it with a profile on the platform. You can login to your account if you already have one on the platform or create one if you do not have. Follow the guides below to login;
- Launch the mobile app if you have it on the device or go on to your browser and proceed to Facebook.
- Provide the login access; phone number or the email address and password for the account.
- Hit on login.
Your Facebook will be displayed on the device if the login details are right. You can reset the password if you have lost by tapping on “Forget password”.
Creating a New Account
You can simple create a new account via the mobile app or website if you don’t have. To do so, follow the instructions below;
- Download and open the mobile apk or g to your browser and go to www.facebook.com
- Type in your first name, surname.
- Choose your birthday.
- Enter your phone number or email address and select your gender either female or male.
- Create a strong password for the account.
- Hit on Sign up to proceed.
The account will be created successfully and you would be sent a confirmation mail or text. You can verify the account via the text sent or the mail.
How to Use Local Buy and Sell Groups on Facebook
In addition to the Facebook marketplace app, users can still post their items or products on groups. With Facebook groups, you would need to join a group before you can have access to post or list something to it.
Joining local buy and sell group is easy. If you wish to join a group, follow the steps below;
- From your Facebook news feed, hit on Groups.
- Use the search bar to enter the keywords for the local buy and sell group you want to join.
- Select the group the results and then hit “Join Group” below the cover image.
- Answer the questions if any and send request.
In groups you would be added to the group immediately but the others you would have to wait to be approved to the group first. Once you have been accepted in a group, you would be notified.
How to Sell on Groups
On Facebook, you can sell on buy and sell groups that have the feature turned on. Selling on local buy and sell group on Facebook is very easily. To sell something on Facebook buy and sell group, follow below;
- From your Facebook newsfeed, hit Groups.
- Scroll through to select the local buy and sell group you want to sell to.
- Hit on the “What are you selling” button.
- Type a brief detail of the product or item description.
- Add the price of the product.
- Select the audience you would like to see the item.
- Hit on post.
Your item will be posted to the immediately or after it has been approved by the admins of the group.
How to Buy on Groups
Being on Facebook buy and sell groups is very simple. With the Facebook local buy and sell group you can actually buy products or items from sellers around you. To buy, follow the guides below;
- From your news feed, hit on groups.
- Navigate and select the group you want to buy from.
- Scrolling the timeline of the group and open the product you want once found.
- Hit on Buy or post a comment on the post.
You can directly write the seller to get more details or descriptions of the product.