look what we got here today “Facebook Find Friends Location”. Facebook being the most popular social platform has different methods of finding friends. Facebook Find Friends Location is the method of searching for friends by location. On the platform, to find friends by location, you will have to turn on Nearby Friends feature. This feature or service users the ability to see where their friends are and also share their location. Sharing your location on Facebook doesn’t mean, all your friends will see it. This feature is open to users who share their location with you. You can enable this feature on any device but not yet supported in some areas.
To use Facebook, find friends location, you will need to have a Facebook profile or sign up for one. This features you see those people who are nearby and also arrange meetings or event. Facebook Nearby feature is free to use and simple to us.
How to Find Facebook Friends by Location
Like I said earlier, finding friends on Facebook by location is simply by using the nearby feature. I will be showing how to enable the Nearby feature, but to start, you need to be signed into Facebook. To access the feature, a Facebook profile is needed. You can sign up for a new one if you do not have or login if you have. Follow the steps below to log into your profile and use friend finder by location;
- Open the mobile app for Facebook or access your web browser and type in www.facebook.com
- Enter the name you want to use starting with the first and surname.
- Select your birthday.
- Fill in your mobile number or email ID.
- Indicate the gender you want for the account and create a strong yet simple password for the account.
- Click on Sign Up.
The New profile will be created and Facebook will send a confirmation mail or text to use in verifying the account. The profile won’t be complete until verified.
If you already have a profile on Facebook, you can simply log in to your account use the Facebook Nearby feature. Below are the guides to follow in logging in;
- Use your browser and type the URL www.facebook.com or launch the Facebook app.
- Type in the login details; email ID or phone number and password.
- Tap on login.
If the information provided is right, the profile will be loaded on the device.
Facebook Find Friends Nearby – How to Turn On/Off
Turning on Facebook Find Friends Nearby feature is simple. This feature is compatible with the mobile device only for now. You can use your iOS or Android device to find friends nearby. Follow the steps below to turn on/off find friends nearby; To start, Turn on your Location service
On Android Device;
- Tap on the Menu icon located at the top.
- Tap on “Nearby Friends”.
- Then tap on the switch button next to your name to turn on/off.
On iOS Device;
- Tap on the Menu icon located at the bottom right side.
- Then Tap on Nearby Friends. Note: you might have to tap on See More first.
- Tap on the icon at the top.
- Tap on the switch to turn on/off it.
In other to see who is nearby, Navigate to your Nearby Friends. If you have shared your location with friends, you will see those that are nearby.