The world can be annoying something and most especially with friends either at work, school, playground or anywhere else. There is always one annoying friend that turn to make us feel bad or left out on something. This also can be implied on the social media platform with lots of friends that you can’t control this bring about Facebook Block. Most time friends on Facebook also display the characteristics of annoying people. For instance, a friend that keep disturbing you, abuse, you, displaying racism or other forms on unacceptance act.
However, as introduced a feature commonly referred to as “Facebook Block” which allows you to block friends from messaging you. Moreover, Facebook block is a features or tool use to block someone on Facebook whereby the people you block wouldn’t be able to do things including tag or see things that you posted on your timeline. However, blocking someone on Facebook differ from unfriending them and when you block someone this are bound to happen. You won’t be able do this following:
- See things you post on your profile
- Tag you in posts, comments or photos
- Invite you to events or groups
- Start a conversation with you
- Add you as a friend
Note also that when you block someone it actually doesn’t apply in some area like in apps or groups to communicate or interact as it only affects your communication with the people on Facebook.
How to Block Friends on Facebook
Before blocking friends and suggest you first consider the consequence of blocking the people which is listed above. There you can find out what happens you block someone and if you still consider blocking the person. You can view this step:
To block someone in the block settings:
- Click the drop-down arrow at the top right of Facebook and choose Settings.
- Go to the left side of Facebook and click Blocking.
- Click Blocking in the left side menu.
- Enter the name of the person you want to block and click Block.
- Select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears.
Hence will you have blocked the people, he/she will not be notified that someone has blocked him/her. Beside if you’re satisfied with is method you can also go the person’s profile, select block from the three dotted menu on their photo.
How to Block Messages from Someone on Facebook
Beside not blocking someone from your friend lists, you can also use an alternative method whereby the people won’t be able to message you. This is by blocking the people from sending you messages and here is how to do that.
- Click the messaneg at the top right of the page.
- Open the conversation with the person you’d like to block.
- Then you can click the gear icon (setting) in the top right of the chat box.
- Finally, you can then click Block Messages > Block Messages
Keep in mind that when you block someone from messaging you don’t exactly means the people with tag you, post on your statue or comment on your post. The person will only not able to interact with you through messaging