Tired of Facebook? You can now easily delete your account because Facebook now has the Facebook account delete option on the site. What’s more, You can decide to permanently delete or deactivate the account. So, in this guide, I will be showing you to get rid of your account and deactivate your Facebook account permanently.
When you delete your account permanently, you won’t be able to reactive it once the process is complete, if the proceeding is successful; the Facebook account will be deleted. Moreover, deactivating the account, you can easily reactivate the account by logging in with the login details, your profile will no longer pop up on searches; you will still be able to use Messenger to communicate with friends.
Once you click on the Facebook account delete option and it has been completed, there is no going back again. Moreover, Facebook allows you delete your Facebook account if you are tired of using the platform or seeing annoying posts on your newsfeed every day. To use the account delete option, you must log in to your Facebook account. You can use the website or the Facebook mobile app to log in.
Facebook log in
You would need to log in to your account if you want to delete or deactivate the account. Follow the simple guidelines below to log in;
- Launch the Facebook mobile app installed on your mobile device or you can to www.facebook.com
- On the form, fill in your login details (email address or mobile number and the account password).
- Lastly, click on login to enter the account.
The account homepage will load and display once the details are correct. You can also reset the account password if you can’t remember it by hitting the “Forgot password” option.
How to deactivate your Facebook Account
If you want to give Facebook a break deactivating the account is the best option. It is very easy and it takes just a few seconds of your time to commence. Here is how to do it;
- Open your Facebook account page.
- Hit on the arrow (drop down) located at the right upper corner of the home page.
- Click on Settings from the list that will appear.
- Click on “Your Facebook Information” and then “Delete your account and information”.
- Then hit on “Deactivate account” tab.
- You can alternatively go to “Settings” > General> “Deactivate your account”.
- Type in the account password and click on Continue to commence.
Now, the account will automatically deactivate and you reactivate it by logging back in. Finally, you have succeeded in deleting the account.
How to Delete your Account
To delete an account is very easy. By following the right steps, you can successfully get rid of your old Facebook account. You can deactivate your Facebook account permanently by following the steps below;
- Open the account page and locate the drop-down arrow, click on it.
- Hit Settings > Your Facebook Information> Delete your account and information.
- On the page displayed with the suggestions for deactivating your account or downloading your information.
- Click on “Delete Account”.
- Type in your account password and hit on Continue.
The process will begin and Facebook will give you 30 days to log in to your account back or the account will no longer be active. In conclusion, you no longer have access to the deleted Facebook account.