How to Delete or Deactivate your Facebook Account? It is easy. This process of deleting or deactivating Facebook seems to be complicated. However, everything has been changed. In my article of today, I will be showing you how to delete your account forever and how to deactivate your account. Well, if you are tired of this social media, you can deactivate or delete your account. These two are very much different. To find out more and how they differ, then stay on this article.
Facebook is not really favorable all the time. And so many of us can remember the problems that have happened with this site so many times. Problems such as hacking, cloning, account theft, and many more. So, if you are done with this social media, you can simply deactivate or delete. Let’s quickly get started.
What You Need to Know on Deleting or Deactivating Facebook Account
Before we go straight to How to Delete or Deactivate your Facebook Account, you need to understand these options.
You could either choose to deactivate your account or fully delete this account. As you should know, deactivating your account stills keeps your messages, posts, and other files. While deleting your account deletes all your files forever too.
When You Delete Your Facebook Account;
- You will not be able to retrieve or get this account back.
- All your contents, messages, posts, and files will be deleted forever.
- The apps that can be accessed with your Facebook account will be inaccessible.
- Your messages will be deleted from your Facebook account.
- You will not be able to use messenger.
Note: Facebook will still give you 30 days to reconsider your action and cancel the deletion. However, if you do not change your decision, your account and everything in it will be deleted.
When you Deactivate your Facebook Account;
- You will be the only one to see your Facebook profile.
- Your messages will still be visible.
- Your name will still appear on the friend’s list, but for your friends only.
- Also, your name, posts, and files will be visible.
- You can gain access to messenger.
You are able to deactivate your Facebook for the duration of time that you want. But, for you to make use of this account, it has to be reactivated first.
Steps on How to Permanently Delete or Deactivate Your Facebook Account
Now, you understand how deleting or deactivating works. We have arrived at the part of this article that states how you can either delete this account or deactivate it. Let’s get started.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account
Do you need a break with this account? You can just deactivate it.
- Log in to the Facebook account that needs to be deactivated.
- Click on the triangle icon or Menu button and go to Settings.
- On the left part of that page, tap on Your Facebook Information.
- Tap on Delete Your Account and Information.
- On the next page shown to you, click on ‘Deactivate Account’.
To reactivate this account, you just have to log in to the Facebook site. Here, you have to type in your password and get on with your account.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account
In the process of deleting your Facebook account, you are also able to download your files (if you would want to). So, let’s get on with the deleting process for your account.
- On the account, click on the triangle icon or Menu button, and go to Settings.
- Go to Your Facebook Information.
- Click on Delete Your Account and Information.
- If you wish to download your information before deleting, click on Download Info.
- Click on Create File, and wait for a while for the file to be created. After that, you can download.
- Once you are done, go back to click on Delete Account.
- Enter your password and click on Continue.
That’s all you need to delete your Facebook account permanently.