Delete Facebook account, can be necessitated by a number of reasons. Either the user has had enough of the social network, or the constant bombardment of updates, messages, likes, pokes, advertisements is more than a user can handle.
Users can also desire to delete Facebook account, due to some constant reminders of their past, they wish to forget, or if their Facebook account has been compromised. For whatever reasons you may have for deleting Facebook account, we have you covered in this article, as we take you thru steps to permanently delete your unwanted Facebook account.
How to Delete Facebook Account
Before you get started on delete Facebook account, note the following;
- You will be taking a major step, by deleting your account
- Think it through, before you embark on the process of deleting your account
- Facebook takes up to 90 days, to process account deletion requests
- Once your account is deleted, you can’t get it back
- It is advised, that before you commit to deleting your Facebook account, you download a copy of the data that Facebook has on you, as this data can’t be gotten again, once your account is deleted.
How to Download a Copy of Your Data Facebook
- Open the Facebook website and log in.
- Tap the downwards-pointing arrow, at the top-right corner of the screen and select “settings”.
- select “Your Facebook Information” from the left column of the new page.
- Click “Download your Facebook information”.
- Customize how you want to download the information using the options provided.
- Hit “Create File” at the top right corner of the display window.
You’ll get a message telling you that the file is being prepared and you would be notified when the file is ready for download. when you get the notification, kindly download the file. After that is done, you are now ready to delete your Facebook account.
Note, that your sent messages, will continue to exist, even when all other evidence of your account is gone.
Permanently Delete Facebook Account
- Go to the official Facebook page that can be found at www.facebook.com and log in.
- find the settings page of your Facebook account using your device.
- On the settings page, find the menu that says “Your Facebook Information” and click it.
- On the page that is loaded, kindly click “delete your account and information”.
- Click “Delete Account” at the bottom of the page.
- A new window would be displayed asking you to input your password. Enter your password and click “continue”.
If your password, was incorrectly entered or captcha code, you’ll be prompted to try again. Tap “OK” to have your account deleted. This is at the bottom of the pop-up window. Note; the total account deletion can take up to 14 days. Once this time frame elapses, your account will be gone from Facebook. There!!! you are now relieved of your unwanted Facebook account.