Meetup is a great website to connect with people of similar interest. This platfrom enables users to find and join groups unified by a common interest such as game, book, health, pets, careers, hobbies, politics, and movies. It also helps users do more of what he or she love by finding and create communities based around the idea and activities that matter to them.
Meetup also gives users the opportunity to network, explore new thing, and develop friendships and possible relationships. As for me, I think this platfrom is also a great place for people that have society anxiety as a form of exposure therapy which might be helpful.
A Brief Description About Meetup
The company is based in New York City and it was found in 2002 by Scott heiferman and matt meeker. This plafrom was designed as a way of organizers to manage many functions associated with in-person meetings and for individual to find groups that fit their interest. Users can enter their city or their postal code and tag the topic they want to meet about. This service is free for individuals who login as a member and they also have the ability to join different groups and event.
Meetup receives revenue by charging fees to organizers. They pay $9.99 month for their basic plan which includes a maximum of 4 organizers and a maximum of 50 members. But the unlimited pricing starts at $14.99 month or six months for $90 which gives the organizer up to three group.
Benefit Of Meetup
- It allows you to finds others and makes friends.
- Get involve in local communities.
- Learn, share and teach.
- You will get idea and inspiration from speakers and other members.
- It allows you to be part of something bigger both locally and globally.
How www.meetup.com Works
You need to create an account to be a member on www.meetup.com web portal. Once you’ve created an account then you can use the website to find meetup group that you are interested in or you can actually create yours if no one has. And browse meetup in your area, you can search for meetup by location, date, category, or suggestions. You can click on any meetup that interests you to learn more about it.
It enables you to know who attend it, when they were founded, what they do and what they are all about. If you find any meetup that interest you, you can join. All you have to do is to confirm that you are joining and also show up at the organized time.
Like I said earlier that you can create your own meetup group just enter some information about what you want to do, where you are, and also wait to see if other users are interested. You have the opportunity to send other users instant message to learn more on this platfrom that you are interested in.
Meetup Sign Up | How to Create A Meetup Account
- Launch your favorite browser and enter wwww.meetup.com in the address bar section.
- Click on the sign-up icon and you will be taken to the sign up page.
- You can choose to sign up with Facebook, Google or email. But if you don’t want to sign up with Facebook and Google. Just click on sign-up with email.
- Then a page will pop out which indicate you to enter your name which other users will use to identify you.
- Enter your email address inside the second box and lastly your password.
- When you enter the entire information click on the sign-up icon at the button of the page.
- Meetup will send an email to your email address you used to sign up.
When you open the email you will see a blue link provided just click on it. Then you will be redirect to the sign in page where you have to click on login at the button of the page and you will be automatically Login to your meetup account.
Meetup log in
- Launch your web browser.
- Enter www.meetup.com in the URL section on your browser.
- Then a page will pop up which indicate you to sign up or login. but if you have an account click on login.
- You can also login with your Facebook and Google account if you want to make it faster. You can login with the normal login process where you have to enter your email address and password.
- Enter email address and password. Make sure they are all correct to avoid login issues.
- Click on login to access your account.
With all these steps users can easily do it themselves. You can also find and join groups, develop new friends, explore new things, and also get ideas with what others do.